Saturday, November 20, 2010

Great day flying the Cirrus Prospective with Henry


Some time ago, I asked my good friend Henry, a fine wood worker if he would make a projector cabinet for me and I would give him a ride in a "modern" aircraft. I chose the Cirrus Prospective whose avionics and cockpit comfort I love.

Henry used to work for Consolidated Aircraft post WWII.

We decided to fly from his nearby airport in the Sierra Nevada foothills of California to Castle-Merced (KMER) airport which has a mongo runway and an interesting air musuem. It used to be a military base at which any kind of aircraft could land. It was a treat walking around the museum with Henry telling me the history of much of the aircraft and pointing out ones that he helped design.

We had a severe clear day - at least 100 miles of visibility until we descended into the central California gorp which was about 2000' feet deep.

To say he was very impressed with the Cirrus Prospective is an understatement. I guess he had no idea how far avionics and creature comforts had come since he was involved in aviation many years ago.

No comments: